I watched Charlie Rose last night. He had "historians" commenting on Obama's inaugural speech. Bob Woodward was still riding his blind pony on the it is all Obama's fault because he has been churlish to Republicans trail to nowhere. If Obama has been churlish in his response to the GOP, it is because the GOP and wingnut attacks on Obama are churlish squared by comparison. Sen. McConnell essentially announced that it was more important to roadblock all legislation that might help Obama get a second term than it was to fill his oath of office.
Just what are the Republican "solutions" that Obama should be playing kissing-face with?
Republican Solutions for:
- 1. Too many Guns, School slaughters, military suicides.
- Solution: More Guns
- 2. Failure of budget-busting tax cuts for the very rich to stimulate the economy.
- Solution: Continued and more tax cuts for the very rich.
- 3. Insufficient funding for social security, Medicare, Medicade
- Solution No SS taxes of any kind on income over X dollars.
- 4. Global Warming and coastal flooding, weird ssvere and extreme weather
- Solution: Stimulus and tax cuts to fossil-fuels industry for more mining and drilling.
- 5. Pollution associated with tar-sands oil.
- Solution: Support XL Pipeline to move oil to China.
- 6.. Bank, security, insurance, brokerage fraud.
- Solution: Oppose sensible regulation and support for even less regulation.
- 7. Reality bites them on their sorry asses:
- Solution: Move minds to fantasy world of zombie economics and GOP mythology and shut brains to the reality.
Bob Woodward may sell books, but he is out to lunch on compromising with the GOP. It is like compromising with a rattlesnake in your underwear. Other participants on the Rose show were less than impressed with Woodward's resistance to reality.
*** Stay tuned even if reality bites--- Doug Wiken