Dear wife and I have been married for about 41 years. She got the recipe for oven "barbecued" pork chops from my mother in the year before we got married. So, wife has been making these pork chops for about 42 years. She shared it with a young co-worker who was really happy when they turned out nearly as good as my wife claimed. So, try this. It is one of the few ways I like pork.
Oven-Barbecued Pork Chops
1. Line a 9"x 13" pan with aluminum foil
2. Trim fat from 4 pork chops
3. Place pork chops on aluminum foil.
4. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon brown sugar on each pork chop.
5. Mix together 1 cup of water and 1 cup of catsup.
6. Pour over the pork chops
7. Place 1 thin slice of fresh lemon on top of each pork chop
8. Bake at 375 F. degrees for 1 hour
If it appears sauce is becoming a bit dry, drop temperature to 350 F degrees (but do not cover). Pork chops with lemon and sauce make a tasty and attractive dish on a plate.
No guarantees, but my guess is that if you try this, you will cook it again and again.
** Stay tuned for cat pictures...well not really --- Doug Wiken